Hey kids. I’ve been deeply involved in a couple of responsive web design projects right now and I’m trying to figure out the best approach, where to start, the best practices, etc. I’ve read loads of articles on the subject and I seem to be just confusing myself. Time to go back to the basics. I re-read my little A Book Apart Responsive Web Design today at lunch and then realized that I should probably read more RWD books.
Books, more that articles seem to focus me. I tend to read and digest more from a book then I do from skimming blog articles (I know…. this is a blog). After reading up on the who’s who of RWD, receiving some recommendations from the Shoptalk and Web Ahead podcasts, and also getting some good recommendations from friends and co-workers — here’s a bunch of responsive web design books we should all probably check out.
- A Book Apart #4 – Responsive Web Design by ETHAN MARCOTTE
- Responsive Web Design with HTML5 and CSS3 by BEN FRAIN
- The Smashing Book #3 – Redesign the Web by SMASHING EBOOK SERIES
- Responsive Design Collection by SMASHING EBOOK SERIES
- Implementing Responsive Design by TIM KADLEC
- Responsive Web Site Design by JAMAL JACKSON, DAINIS GRAVERIS